Ant Movie Catalog
I have been enjoying Ant Movie Catalog for over a decade now — a free (and open source) program designed for Windows (it also works well on Linux with Wine) developed by Antoine Potten in 2000 then taken up and improved by Mickaël Vanneufville as from 2011 and which I use to manage my collection of movies on DVD's, CD's, hard disk or VHS media as well as other collectibles such as music, books and even recipes.
- User interface translated in about thirty languages
- Catalogs can be stored using AMC's own binary format or as XML
- Retrieves information from the Internet (using scripts); scripts included by default include IMDB (USA), DVDFR (FR), Allociné (FR), Culturalia (ES), plus many others you can download on AMC's forum
- Customisable links to perform searches on movie websites
- Imports data from various media files (audio & video codec, bitrates, resolution, framerate, size)
- Scripting technology, using Object Pascal language to edit catalogs: Find & replace, moving field values, ...
- Customisable print templates
- Export to other formats: HTML (based on templates you can edit or create from scratch), SQL commands (to re-import data in a DBMS such as MySQL), CSV (plain text files which can be used as tables with Microsoft Excel for example), Origons.com
- Import from other formats: CSV (can be generated with Microsoft Excel, but a plain text file may be used as well), Divx Manager, BaseDVDivx, Origons.com, DVD Profiler (XML catalogs)
- Pictures data may be stored inside catalogs or as external links (recommended for large pictures)
- Supports PNG, JPEG and GIF
- Loan manager
- Statistics with charts and pies
- Lists may be displayed as a tree structure while movies may be grouped according to defined fields
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version
- Works on Windows 2000 and higher (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
Ant Movie Catalog's website
Available on the forum is a beta version with new exciting features such as extras which allow you to add more extra pictures and data to a movie.
Download my alternative language file (updated on 26/11/2014)
A series of tutorials on how to use this software will follow and this page will be updated on a regular basis to keep track of new beta versions and alternative language file modifications.
Ey@elReproduction of the above contents is strictly prohibited.
© lapensinemutine.eklablog.com. All rights reserved.
Tags: software, download, eyael
CommentsSuivre le flux RSS des commentaires