Gloria To Our Ghosts
The Great Hall looked magnificent. Not only were there a dozen frost-covered Christmas trees and thick streamers of holly and mistletoe crisscrossing the ceiling, but enchanted snow was falling, warm and dry, from the ceiling.
~ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling (1998)
On Christmas Eve, my heart goes out to those who will be alone at home, on a sick bed in hospital, or in families where you don't see/get along with each other anymore — and for whom this special evening — sadly every special effort will be made not to ignore — will no doubt have a bitter undertone of too much and/or too little. I can tell you that magic is in your heart even though it may seem broken beyond repair by illness, loneliness or despair. Do not allow your mean, cynical mind to torture any longer with its narrow vision of life and misconceptions of what is possible and what is not, or of what is real and what is not, for this ignorant Squib1 would rather hand you down to the Dementors of Azkaban2 than having you find the magic sparkle that would enable you to get out of the Chamber of Secrets3 (located, as everyone knows now, deep below Hogwarts and accessible via the second-floor bathroom). When everything's so bad, how risky is that to envision a different way out? Or are you afraid you might lose something you actually no longer care about?
Your faith was strong but you needed proof...
"Hallelujah", Leonard Cohen (1984)
May tonight (or any other night), Venus, planet of love, better known as the Evening Star, guide you to your very own Diagon Alley.4
Gloria to our ghosts!5
Reproduction of the above contents is strictly prohibited.
- ^ A Squib is someone born of magical parents, but who develops no magical abilities, which sometimes makes them feel envious and frustrated like Filch, the caretaker of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- ^ Dementors are gliding, wraith-like dark creatures that feed on human happiness and thus generate feelings of depression and despair in any person in close proximity to them. They can also consume a person's soul, leaving their victims in a permanent vegetative state. They were formerly employed by the British Ministry of Magic as prison guards of the fortress of Azkaban, on a rock in the middle of the North Sea where the most dangerous criminals of the magical world were imprisoned.
- ^ The subterranean Chamber of Secrets was created by Salazar Slytherin, without the knowledge of his three fellow founders of Hogwarts, to breed a Basilisk that would maintain the purity of wizard race by killing off all the Halfbloods and Mudbloods (born of Muggle or non magical parents).
- ^ Diagon Alley is the main shopping alley for the wizarding world in London and is invisible to Muggles. It is accessed through a brick wall in the rear courtyard of a pub called The Leaky Cauldron by taping a special brick with your magic wand.
- ^ "Gloria", Indochine (2017)
© lapensinemutine.eklablog.com. All rights reserved.
Tags: graphics, animation, eyael
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires
You have to be logged on to comment