Ant Movie Catalog (8): Manage your software collection
As mentioned previously, I also use AMC to manage other collectibles such as music, books and recipes. This last tutorial will provide you tips to organise your software collection.
Below is the HTML template I have designed to display my software collection in HTML mode.
It was previously available on AMC's forum but you may download it here with a few corrected bugs.
Just unzip folder contents in your catalog folder where you also keep your scripts, pictures, etc. Select Eyael-Software-EN in the Display - HTML Template menu but do not forget to select the HTLM display mode first to get it to work! Next we'll see how to use and edit depending on your preference.
This template uses an HTML file in which you may add/delete/edit all the fields you wish to display, as well as colors, metrics, fonts and various formatting plus associated graphics. For legal reasons I cannot enclose the picture used as background image but it is okay to provide a link to the original site where I've found it. Make sure you rename it bg.jpg and paste it in the same file as the unzipped archive.
See movie tutorial: Ant Movie Catalog (1): Catalog setup and management.
To add custom fields, please refer to the following tutorials : Ant Movie Catalog (2): HTML display template.
Below is the list of the custom fields you'll need along with their number on the above capture (in red), tag, name and type you'll have to enter.
- Tag: Version
- Name: Version
- Type: String
- Tag: Type
- Name: Type
- Type: List
- The two possible values for this fields are: (portable) and (installer) to identify software that you can use on a USB stick.
- Tag: License
- Name: License
- Type: List
- I use this field for commercial programs, shareware and freeware.
- Tag: Status
- Name: Installed
- Type: Boolean
- Check the box (true) for installed programs. In HTML display mode, this field will show as a floppy disk icon (coloured if checked, greyed if unchecked) on the left end of the title.
- Étiquette: Platform
- Name: Plateform
- Type: List
- To specify supported OS.
Below is the list of the default fields you'll need to fill in to get the most from this template which have been tagged with blue letters. Some label may differ whether you use my alternative language file or not. It doesn't matter much since the template use the coded names which unlike custom fields cannot be edited. Just refer to their position to recognise them since that too cannot be changed.
Note: If you use scripts to retrieve movie details on the Internet, you may have to edit my HTML file to keep the same fields as your script. You'll find a detailed list of all default fields in the help file.
- Date watched has been turned into Date Installed.
- Producteur has become Publisher.
- Certification has been changed into Category because I had to rename the existing Category field to create sub-categories for other catalogs.
See movie tutorial: Movie Catalog (2): HTML display template.
You may use the same colours as the movie HTML template if you like.
Reproduction of the above contents is strictly prohibited.
- Ant Movie Catalog
- Ant Movie Catalog (1): Catalog setup and management
- Ant Movie Catalog (2): HTML display template
- Ant Movie Catalog (3): How to use extras
- Ant Movie Catalog (4): Virtual fields and scripts
- Ant Movie Catalog (5): Manage your music collection
- Ant Movie Catalog (6): Manage your book collection
- Ant Movie Catalog (7): Manage your recipe collection
© lapensinemutine.eklablog.com. All rights reserved.
Tags: software, download, tutorial, eyael
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires